Monday, September 8, 2014

#strategy1

Much suffering is caused by ignorance. And information technology can reduce ignorance thereby reducing suffering. I am working to build a new information technology platform. My approach is to listen and work with my team. I will build tools that help the team organize efficiently and effectively. These tools will allow people on my team to develop their own teams. As I discover and develop new tools that my team wants, I will be empowering my team. And my team will be empowering me. We will empower each other.

I hesitate to lay out all of the rigid details up front because I want freedom to change my mind over time. I believe this goal for flexibility and agility is important to the health of the team and my personal health. If at any time a team member wishes to leave - they are certainly free to do so. I encourage the team members to maintain awareness of their team and I hope to build tools that facilitate this ability. The ability of the team to be flexible, responsive, and agile is dependent upon the team's information awareness.

We live in an era where our economic system empowers people through money. I know that power is not totally dependent upon money. Power is actually dependent upon the quality and quantity of conscious attention. Money is influential in our world whether we like it or not. So I will have members of the team who are empowered because they provide financial support. I will develop technology that will restrict people from attempting to abuse their power. An example of abuse would be a person who creates more than one account and pretends to be more than one person. By putting a price tag on membership, I am creating a restriction on people's ability to abuse the system. And I know that this approach is not totally sufficient. But I have decided to use money at this point in time. And this approach is mostly implemented as a way to acquire money.

A person who invests in the team financially is a "customer". But I do consider them to be more than a customer. I consider the customer to be part of the team. A customer pays their fee and this allows them to be on the team. You can also think of the customer as a "stockholder" or "shareholder". I share technological products and services with people who pay me. The customer's account will allow them to contribute information. I will determine how much power the customer has. But I definitely want to hear from the customer in some way. And I definitely want to create technology that helps me get valuable feedback information from all customers who want to share their thoughts.

There are many major aspects to this new information technology platform. And one of those aspects is the charity network. I want to provide tools to charities. One tool will track donations. And charities who willingly use my tool will become part of our charity network. I will implement a rewards program that will benefit the charities in our network. Team members will be able to help determine which charities receive more or less funding. I have many ideas to funnel money to charities that participate in our charity network and I believe this aspect of the information technology platform will be significant.

There are some fundamental technologies which I must discover and develop. And I would like to teach people. I know I will make mistakes. And this is why I want to implement a strategy of openness to some degree. I want other people to help. And I want to build on the backs of those who came before me. This is why I will use developer APIs from currently existing websites. I wish to develop a suite of tools that will allow many different software developers to be "more interoperable". One of the first challenges I face is to develop a login system. I plan on allowing team members to login with credentials provided by others like facebook, google+, instagram, and more. And I plan on allowing team members to link multiple accounts together so that there are multiple layers of authentication.

No comments:

Post a Comment